Welcome to Museum ‘Het Leids Wevershuis’ (The Leiden Weaver House). This authentic Weaver House was built about 1560, in the heyday of the Leiden textile industry. Many features from the 16th and 17th centuries have been preserved.
The interior of the Weaver House takes the visitor back into the 19th century, into the living condition or ordinary people. The front room recreates the workplace of the home weavers. In corridor, a mural lists the names the residents (weavers and others) from 1561.
During opening hours, the antique loom (1830) is nearly always in operation. Exhibitions are held in summer and lectures in winter.
The shop offers a small collection of handmade products for sale.
We hope to meet you at the Weaver House
Phone: 0031-71-5124061 / 0031-071-3010687
Museum Het Leids Wevershuis / ‘The Leiden Weaver House’
2312 TV Leiden
Daily 1.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m. – Closed on Mondays.
Entrance fee – free
From the A4 or A44, follow signs for Leiden-Centrum and parking Haarlemmerstraat (entrance to garage across the street from the museum).
From Leiden Central Station – Bus 5 or 6 to Leiderdorp – ask for busstop Hooigracht – Ir. Driessenstraat.
Click on the image to enlarge.